An award-winning multinational digital experience studio based in Singapore, is searching for a Lead Backend Engineer to join their dynamic team.
As a multinational technology studio, the company aims to create a positive impact on the way humanity lives and works through the use of brilliant design and innovation. Using bespoke solutions to help other companies make a lasting impact, they firmly believe in creating revolutionary digital transformation products that make the most difference.
As a Lead Backend Engineer you will create impact by having an entrepreneurial and creative spirit, and enjoy a high level of autonomy.
As part of the team, you will:
- Architect and lead large-scale backend development work
- Lead the team, while collaborating with project managers to develop and implement reliable architecture.
- Determine project requirements and develop work schedules for the team.
- Work with front end developers to define APIs
- Set up CI/CD and other automation measures to maintain code quality and technical documentation seamlessly.
- Conduct regular code reviews to maintain code quality with the help of style guidelines, unit tests, and management of technical debt.
- Identify and resolve urgent technical difficulties within the promised SLA.
- Mentor junior team members through constructive feedback, performance assessments
- and effort estimations.
- Keep updated with the latest software development tools, trends, and best practices.
- Conduct technical interviews and other assessments for tech talent hirings.
To be part of the team, you should be:
- Experienced in server programming
- Knowledgeable in HTML and CSS
- Experienced in working with databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis or MongoDB
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of REST
- Experienced in deploying applications to cloud services such as AWS or Azure
- Experienced in optimizing server performance
- Logical in thinking with natural problem-solving skills
- A self-Learner (i.e. able to make good assumptions and search for solutions proactively)
- Able to communicate excellently
- Able to contribute effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and collaborative programming environment