A physician-centric and technology-powered healthcare management firm based in Los Angeles, CA, is looking for a Software Engineer to join their mission towards providing better quality and efficient healthcare.
The company’s tech and results-driven solutions for physicians, hospitals and other healthcare providers help to deliver integrated and high-quality healthcare models for patients in a cost-effective manner. Healthcare solutions are a combination of technology and data-analytics, powered by clinical experience, machine learning and Artificial Intelligence.
The company is seeking a passionate and committed critical thinker who is highly versatile; excited to roll up their sleeves to tackle complex and important problems. As a Software Engineer, you can expect responsibility, ownership, and a decision-making voice in reshaping the future of healthcare delivery; making the future of U.S. healthcare more efficient.
As part of the team, you will:
- Be responsible for developing and enhancing applications that will be used both internally and by thousands of physicians and millions of patients.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance our software and applications
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Clearly document procedures and code
- Manage individual project requirements, priorities, and deliverable timelines effectively
- Display leadership qualities and ability to take ownership of technical projects and processes
To be part of the team, you must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related, or related experience
- Experience in software development using at least one general purpose programming language (such as Python, C#, VB.NET, etc.)
- Experience with SQL
- Experience in some of the following technical aspects: web application and interface development, developing and designing large software systems, web scraping and other automation scripting, data science, machine learning
- Strong general problem-solving and logical reasoning ability
Some preferred qualifications include:
- Further education or experience in computer science, engineering, or related fields
- Experience in full stack development or building applications from scratch
- Expert in MS SQL Server, including development of stored procedures, triggers, and functions
- Prior healthcare or managed care experience (eligibility, claims, utilization management, HIPAA requirements, etc.)